Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-08-03 Origin: Site
1. Definition: Mechanical seals are one of the most precise and complex mechanical basic components, and are the key components of various pumps, reaction synthesis kettles, turbo compressors, submersible motors and other equipment. The performance and service life of its seals depend on many factors, such as shape, precision of the machine, correct installation and use, etc.
Hydraulic seals have pressure requirements and require a certain smoothness of the joint surface. The sealing elements are mostly made of rubber, and the sealing effect is achieved through the local deformation of the seals.
2. Classification: Mechanical seal models: centralized seal series, light mechanical seal series, heavy mechanical seal series, etc.
Hydraulic seals, lip seals, V-seals, U-seals, Y-seals, YX-seals and commonly used combined seals for hydraulic cylinders, mainly bud rings, Gree rings and step seals .
3. Purchase: When purchasing seals for maintenance, most users will purchase according to the size and color of the sample, which will only increase the difficulty of purchasing, and may not be able to select the right product. It is recommended to use the following procedures to improve Accuracy of Sourcing Seals:
(1) Movement direction: first determine the movement direction of the position of the seal, such as reciprocating, rotating, spiral or fixed.
(2) Key points of sealing: For example, it is determined that the active point is the tie rod seal of the inner diameter or the active point is the piston seal of the outer diameter, etc.
(3) Temperature grade: refer to the original machine operating instructions or evaluate the working temperature according to the actual working environment to determine the required materials. A description of temperature ratings can be found in the Production User Notes below.
(4) Size: Most users will buy according to the old samples that have been used, but the original size of the seal will be greatly affected by factors such as temperature, pressure and wear after a period of use. For reference, a better method is to measure the size of the metal groove where the seal is located, and the accuracy will be higher.
(5) Pressure level: Check the relevant data from the original mechanical operating instructions, or judge the working pressure level by observing the hardness and structure of the original seal. For the description of the pressure level, please refer to the following precautions for production users.
4. Use: The mechanical seal is usually the circumferential gap between the shaft and the equipment, which is mainly used to prevent leakage. The hydraulic seal has a very small leakage and has a good sealing effect, and is usually used in harsh working environments such as high pressure and high temperature.
(1) Mechanical seals are metal hard seals, usually without pressure requirements, and the parts to be sealed are sealed by the rotation between several seals; hydraulic seals have pressure requirements, requiring a certain smoothness of the joint surface, and the sealing elements are mostly used. Rubber, the sealing effect is achieved by the local deformation of the seal.
(2) The mechanical seal is a static seal, such as a sunken roller seal. Hydraulics are generally reciprocating seals, such as Y-rings, SPGW.
(3) General mechanical seals are made of metal on the outside, while hydraulic seals are now mainly made of PU and polyurethane, which are easy to distinguish.
1. Check that the piston, cylinder barrel and related surfaces of the guide sleeve are fully clean, free of burrs and edges.
2. The installation tool is required to be smooth, without edges and sharp corners to ensure that the seal will not be damaged in any form during the installation process (Othello's OTH-0003 special installation tool for hydraulic seals is recommended).
3. During installation, a small amount of grease can be placed on the relevant surface of the seal and cylinder to facilitate installation, but no grease is allowed to remain between the rubber elastomer and the sliding seal ring, otherwise it will affect the sealing performance.
4. Whether it is vertical or horizontal installation, the coaxiality of the piston and the cylinder should be maintained. Excessive eccentricity may damage the seal.
5. The installation speed should not be too fast, otherwise the seal will be damaged.